Sunday 9 March 2014

Soap & Glory Translucent BB Cream


Now I think I'd be hard to find any product addicts or make up fanatics who have never come across a BB or Beauty Balm however I always have the problem that unlike foundations where brands do a range of different shades, the BB's on that are available come in limited shades that never seem to be a match. I have very pale skin so finding a good match isn't the easiest of tasks and even products claiming that they are a 'universal shade' always end up looking like fake tan gone wrong on me. 

So when I discovered Soap & Glory Translucent BB Cream I felt like all my prayers had been answered - a clear BB cream means I don't have the resentment of not being able to find a shade that matches and still being able to use it alongside a foundation or alone if I choose. I will admit I was quite hesitant when I was looking at it - I wasn't sure how a BB cream could be translucent and still do the same job as standard BB creams as surely the point is that the colour of the BB cream covers and smooths your skin?!!

Despite my initial reservations I still decided that as it was on offer at a beaitiful 1/3 off at £7.99 instead of the usual £12.00 I would give it a whirl and see what I thought and my my I would have to say it has been one of the best £7.99 that I have spent in a long time - it's like my current go to face product!

So the product itself is a white cream formula then when applied is just like any other general face cream/serum that it goes on a dries clear! Although the tube isn't particularly big for the money -30ml- you don't have to use a lot of the product to get good coverage from it so I would say that it should last a decent amount of time which at £12.00 a tube you would expect. The product itself -available here - is described on the Boots website as 'booster, serum, moisturiser, primer, skin-tone evener and sunblock all-in-one."

Whilst I agree with booster, serum, skin-tone evener and sunblock (it has an SPF of 25) I don't know if I agree with it acting like a primer although there have been occasions where I have used this as a base and times where I've used my primer then this as well on top so that's not one I'm not so sure on. Apart from that it does give your skin a beautiful boost as it gives your skin a slight illuminating look although admittedly not to the degree of an illuminating cream/moisturiser but a subtle extra glow.

With having an SPF of 25 for someone who has naturally very pale skin this to me is even more of a bonus as it allows for me to not only wear this product all round in this country but also means that I can simply give my face a dash of this when/if I go on holiday! Always love a multi-tasking product.

It also has a really fresh scent to it that reminds me of Nivea mixed with fruit infused smell which I absolutely adore after all there is nothing worse than a great product with an awful smell as that just makes me not want to use it! Overall I would highly recommend this product and I have to say as the first Soap & Glory product that I've purchased and tried this certainly won't be the last but I have a feeling that this is going to be firm staple in my make up bag long term!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment